Economic development, in the material sense, and the welfare of the society and environment. Social responsibility means sustaining the equilibrium between the two. It pertains not only to business organizations but also to everyone whose any action impacts the environment.
This responsibility can be passive, by avoiding engaging in socially harmful acts, or active, by performing activities that directly advance social goals.
- Philanthropy By Law – New Corporate Social Responsibility (forwardthinkerblog.wordpress.com)
- Review: UCLG Policy Paper Development Cooperation and Local Government (localdemocracy.net)
- Ethics and Economics (II): rethinking corporate social responsibility (weapedagogy.wordpress.com)
- Hooked on Corporate Social Responsibility (csrinclothing.wordpress.com)
- How To Build a Sustainable Business (naijaobserver.wordpress.com)